The Bothy: Romantic self catering apartment for two
The Bothy is one of our sumptuous self-catering cottages for two. Conveniently located on the ground floor next to the Farmhouse, The Bothy has its own private outdoor courtyard with a bateau bath for soaks under the stars. After a dip in the indoor pool, snuggle up in front of the wood burner with a book or DVD. The kitchen is fully equipped and the larder stocked with the basics for breakfast on your first morning. Order a two-course farmhouse supper from Sarah to eat-in (48 hours notice) or take a five minute stroll down to the village pub.
At the heart of one of the country’s finest Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and only a short drive from the Jurassic Coast, there is plenty to do from your doorstep. Explore…
- Bed linen and towels
- Two baskets of wood for wood burner and BBQ
- Wifi internet access
- Starter pack of larder basics (tea, coffee, butter, bread, sugar, oil, eggs, flour, variety of condiments)
- Welcome pack stuffed with information on local attractions, services etc as well as access to Sarah – owner and font of all local knowledge.
- 12m indoor heated swimming pool and sauna
- On-site parking
- Fully equipped kitchen with twin hob and electric oven, dishwasher, fridge- freezer, microwave.
- Open plan living/dining area with sofa, dining table and chairs.
- Shower room
- Private courtyard with bateau bath, wood fuelled BBQ, bistro table and chairs.
- Access to Farmhouse gardens and grounds.
- Washing machine and drying rack
- Under floor heating
- Wood burner
- Flat screen TV with DVD player
- Selection of DVDs and books
- Washing line and pegs
- No smoking is allowed in The Bothy
- Home-made, farmhouse meals for two using farm ingredients £10-£15 per person (order minimum 48 hours prior to arrival)
- Full Launceston Farm breakfast in the Bothy £8 per person (order night before)
- DIY Launceston Farm breakfast pack for two £10
- Locally sourced meat box (price and contents vary depending on the season)
- Wood basket £5
Dogs and children
If you would like to bring your baby you are very welcome. We can not put extra beds in The Bothy for children over the age of 2, but we can provide a travel cot, stair gate and high chair. Please check these are available before you arrive.
Up to two dogs can stay with you in The Bothy. You will need to bring dog bowls and beds. We ask you to clean up after your dogs as we have children and animals. To cover the extra cleaning costs, there will be a surcharge of £25.
Check in and Check out
Check in after 4:00pm. Check out by 10:00am.
Rates and booking
You can check availability and book on line or contact us directly. The Bothy and Flint – our other self catering cottage for two – are available to book individually online up to six months before your arrival date. If you would like to book either cottage in conjunction with Launceston Farmhouse you can book at any point in the year.
We ask for full payment on booking. Please read our access statement and terms of booking carefully before you book which details our cancellation policy.