Staying Safe at Launceston Farm
We are committed to making sure you feel safe during your stay with us. In partnership with self-catering properties all over the UK we are implementing a “Safer Stay” policy from now until the foreseeable future. It is so important to us that you feel as relaxed as possible during your stay so we are trying to make this transition as seamless as we can for everyone.
So this is how we’ll do it:
- COVID-19 assurance If the situation changes and the UK government once again decides to restrict travel to none but essential, we will continue to offer to move bookings or refund our guests in full. We will review our cancellation policy weekly.
- Main surfaces and items are sanitised. Anti-viral disinfectant will be used to sanitise all surfaces and heavy-use items between stays.
- Non-essential items have been removed. Non essential items which are difficult to clean have been temporarily removed including board games, children’s toys, non essential kitchen equipment, the wii console, hair dryers, books and DVDs. We will also remove our guest folders and local attraction information but this will be replaced with an electronic file which we will send to you before your stay so you still have plenty of time to plan.
- Changes to swimming pool use. The pool will still be available for all guests to use but the pool will only be available to guests from one property at any one time. There is no public health evidence that would indicate that pool water is unsafe to bathe in, especially when it is properly sanitised and at the correct pH value. As this is the only shared facility on site, we have put a rota system is place; each property will be given two 90 minute time slots in the pool each day which still leaves plenty of time to enjoy this wonderful facility.
- Safe arrival and departure processes. Guest arrival and departure and key collection and drop off will take place without any face to face contact with us, the owners, or staff. Our mobile numbers are available and there is always at least one of us on site if needed.
- Reporting potential infection to us. In order to protect our staff it is essential that any new or suspected cases of Covid-19 amongst members of your group are reported to us.
- Don’t travel if you’re ill. We ask you please not to travel if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19. From August 1st 2020, any new bookings taken with an arrival date after 1st August can be cancelled up to 48 hours before your arrival and you will receive a full refund so please do not travel unnecessarily.
We hope these changes will reassure you and allow you to book confidently with us. If you have any other questions about your upcoming or future stay with us, please get in touch.