After an incredibly chilly morning doing some frantic team building in the garden at Launceston Farm, our worthy band of conference delegates enjoyed a hearty farmhouse lunch topped off with another one of Sarah’s killer tea time cakes. This has been my personal favourite of the three-day event – and everyone else’s by the look of it…
Sarah’s Sticky Lemon Drizzle:
4oz self raising flour
6oz castor sugar
2 free range eggs
1. Beat softened butter and 4oz of castor sugar in a bowl.
2. Add the zest of the two lemons.
3. Gradually beat in whisked eggs.
4. Fold in flour.
5. Spoon mixture into a lined 8″ cake tin and bake in oven at 170C for 30 minutes.
6. Whilst baking mix the juice of the two lemons with 2oz of sugar.
7. Turn the cake out of the tin whilst hot and pour the lemon and sugar mixture on top of the cake and leave to soak in.
Just to prove everyone did deserve their cake. Well done team.
If you are interested in hiring Launceston Farm for your corporate meeting or event please visit the corporate information page of our website.